A Qualifying Non-UK Pension Scheme (QNUPS) is a type of pension that may be ideally suited to higher rate taxpayers who have already taken full advantage of their annual allowances for tax relieved saving in UK registered pensions schemes, but still wish to set aside funds in order to maximise their retirement fund. Individuals should take their own tax advice on whether a QNUPS is suitable in their circumstances.
The Atlantis International Pensions Scheme was established in 2010 following on from ‘The Inheritance Tax (Qualifying Non-UK Pension Schemes) Regulation 2010’ coming into force. It provides a very attractive supplementary pension scheme in an offshore environment, based on the UK’s QNUPS legislation, with:
- No statutory limits on contributions
- Long-term tax-free growth of the fund
- A wide range of permissible investments; considerable flexibility regarding the timing and structuring of retirement benefits
- No requirement to purchase an insurance annuity; and
- No UK Inheritance Tax on entry and normally exempt from Inheritance Tax upon the member’s death.